Granite Bay Speech support services for stuttering include:
- Individual and group therapy for stuttering.
- Counseling for family members of those that stutter.
- Education for employers about the benefits of employing individuals who stutter.
- Workshops for medical professionals which provide resources for stuttering to their patients.
- Advocacy and fundraising for funding stuttering support services.
- Communication centers and school presentations to decrease bullying of students with communication and stuttering challenges.
- Workshops to spread awareness about stuttering.
- Collaboration with public and private Speech-Language Pathologists.
- Consultation services to public and private schools.
- Presentations to home school groups, charter schools, and civic organizations.
The National Stuttering Association (NSA) is the largest self-help support organization in the United States for people who stutter.
How do I learn more about NSA chapter meetings in Northern California?
The National Stuttering Association (NSA) is the largest self-help support organization in the United States for people who stutter. Local NSA chapters provide a safe, supportive peer counseling environment that can help you improve your overall communication and coping skills — as well as your overall quality of life. The Nonprofit National Stuttering Association (NSA) offers free chapter meetings nationwide.
Our local chapter is one of the few groups that offer meetings for children, teenagers, and adults. Meetings are held at least once a month, with additional activities throughout the year.
For current meeting times and locations in Northern California, please contact us.
Visit the NSA Sacramento-Roseville Chapter at www.sactovalleyspeech.org to learn more about our chapter or contact us to be connected with one of our chapter members. Communication may be through phone, e-mail, or fax, depending on your preference.