What is an Auditory Processing Disorder?
An Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) is a complex disorder involving auditory deficits. It occurs when a person’s auditory information is not perceived accurately by the brain. Symptoms of an Auditory Processing Disorder may include:
• Difficulty understanding speech in noisy environments
• Difficulty following directions
• Difficulty perceiving the different speech sounds (“Sh / Ch” “P/V” )
• Difficulty understanding abstract language (ex: idioms, metaphors, and jokes)
• Difficulty staying on topic or taking turns during conversations
How Can Granite Bay Speech Help?
Here at Granite Bay Speech, we are experts at diagnosing and treating Auditory Processing Disorders. For over 30 years, we have helped families resolve the frustration that occurs from Auditory Processing Disorders.